Keznamdi has announced supporting US tour dates with Collie Buddz kicking off in the first half of October. Keznamdi had this to say about the tour on his social media:
"USA are you Ready!!!! Very excited to Announce our full North American Tour!!!! I remember when i was living in Tanzania and hearing @realcolliebuddz music for the first time as a yute, definitely one of those fundamental albums that influenced an entire generation and changed my perspective on music forever, fast fwd a few yrs later and now we hitting the road together. Tickets go live on Keznamdi.net Tomorrow!!!! Very limited space Trust me on this one!!!!!"
Keznamdi has an interesting history as well:
- Born in Kingston Jamaica to parents who formed a reggae band called Chakula , releasing 10 albums and touring extensively.
- Recorded his first song called ‘Mix a Color’ at his home studio at age 5 for a children’s compilation album called ‘Save the World’ which became a viral school hit
- Left Jamaica and migrated to Tanzania at age 13; moved to Ethiopia at age 16; enrolled at St. Mary’s College of California on a soccer scholarship playing division 1 soccer at age 20.
- Career ending leg injury caused him to give up his dreams of becoming a professional soccer player; drops out of school to pursue music full time
- In 2013 at age 22, Keznamdi releases his Bridging the Gap EP which gained top tier positions on the iTunes and Billboard Reggae Album Charts.
- Relocates to Kingston in 2014, releases singles with some of Jamaica’s biggest reggae producers. Performs at some of the country’s biggest music festivals notably Reggae Sumfest.
- In February 2015, Keznamdi is drafted by fellow reggae star Chronixx to tour the U.S. West Coast.
- March 2015, Keznamdi is flown to Los Angeles by Mind of a Genius/Columbia Records to work with EDM/Pop act Zhu.
Read the full list on his website by clicking here.
For a full list of tour dates see below or poster above. You can also listen to the album Skyline Levels Vol.1 below as well.